As a Christian community that is dedicated to the development of the four pillars of formation, it is extremely important that we assist one another in finding employment, which is a key aspect of human and pastoral development.
To assist our current students and alumni in their search for employment, St. Bernard’s compiles any and all job postings that would be a good fit for our graduates.
If you know of any job postings that would be a good fit for our graduates, we would be grateful if you would get in touch! Feel free to e-mail our Registrar with the job information:
Seeking: Director of Facilities (Part-Time, with starting rate of $16-18/hour)
- (i) Oversees the maintenance of St. Bernard’s main campus in Rochester, NY.
- Clean all bathrooms daily.
- Remove trash and recyclables from all offices twice per week.
- Inspect all classrooms daily and wash desks when needed.
- Vacuum carpets as needed, but at least once per week.
- Sweep as needed; wash tile all floors at least once per week.
- Bring garbage totes to the curb for collection and retrieve them.
- Maintain the front walkway during the winter months by shoveling and salting as needed.
- Together with the Executive Assistant to the President and Finance and Human Resources Manager, be attentive to, make plans, and interface with contractors for building upgrades and repairs, including landscaping, lawn, and plow service.
- Maintain the garden at the front entrance.
- Handle basic maintenance requests, including but not limited to:
- Change light bulbs with the use of a ladder
- Acquire, stock, and evaluate cleaning supplies from vendors
- Move equipment, desks, and chairs when requested.
- As directed by and in conjunction with the Executive Assistant to the President, prepare rooms for special events.
- As schedule allows, assist the Academic Dean with classroom instructional and technological design projects.
- Meet with the Executive Assistant to the President weekly to review work schedule and to be apprised of progress in the duties assigned to this position.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Assistant to the President.
A successful candidate will have:
- A High School Diploma
- 2-5 years of public-sector cleaning experience
- An appreciation of the mission of the Roman Catholic Church and of St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry
- A willingness to acquire additional training as needed
- Experience with commercial HVAC systems a plus
- An active member of a Roman Catholic Faith community preferred
St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry assumes a Ministerial Exception.
Reports to: Executive Assistant to the President
Please email cover letter and resume to:
Mrs. Kelly L. Brunacini
Executive Assistant to the President
St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry
Current Diocesan Job Openings
St. Bernard’s often receives inquiries from pastors, Catholic school principals, and diocesan employees looking for qualified students and graduates to fill various job openings. While the school does not offer a job placement program, we are happy to share information about openings as we become aware of them.
Check out these links to diocesan positions in Rochester, Albany, and Syracuse.