At St. Bernard’s, you’ll find a community of students, faculty, and scholars who are motivated to pursuing truth, goodness, and beauty, and continuing to build the Church within contemporary society.
St. Bernard’s offers many avenues to join our community of faith and learning.
If you would like to take a first step towards theological study but do not wish to enroll in a graduate degree program, we encourage you to take a course at St. Bernard’s to discern further. Or if you wish, you might consider auditing a course. You are always welcome to sit in on a class.
If you are interested in studying a specific area of theology or ministry with fewer course requirements than a graduate degree program, our certificate programs may be for you. In addition to serving your personal formational goals, our Certificate Programs can assist you in building up your credentials for ecclesial ministry.
If you are ready for a complete course of study in theology or philosophy, either for your personal formation or for professional development, St. Bernard’s offers four graduate degrees:
- Master of Arts in Theological Studies
- Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies
- Master of Arts in Catholic Philosophy
- Master of Divinity
These degrees are the best that St. Bernard’s offers: they provide a course of study that is intended to inform and form you in the faith through a shared exploration of knowledge and skills related to the pursuit of holiness and ministerial excellence.
If you would like to receive more information about any of the above offerings, feel free to get in touch.
Admission Checklist for a Graduate Degree Program
- Graduate Application (completed and signed) or
- Non-Matriculating Application (completed and signed) or
- Auditor Application (completed and signed) or
- Certificate Program Application (completed and signed)
- Personal statement (included in online application)
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Official transcripts of all post-secondary academic work (mailed directly from originating institution to St. Bernard’s Director of Admissions & Financial Aid)
- Two Letters of Reference
- Completed and signed Immunization Form (includes proof of immunization against Measles, Rubella, Mumps, and Meningococcal Vaccination Response Form)
- Criminal Background Check
Matriculating (enrolling) in Graduate degree programs is open to students who have graduated with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5. Our certification program is open to those students who have no bachelor's degree, but are looking to deepen their knowledge of the Faith.
All students can learn more about costs, by clicking Tuition & Fees. For those students who intend on attending St. Bernard’s as a matriculated or non-matriculated student in one of our graduate programs, you can learn more about financial aid opportunities by clicking Scholarships & Financial Aid.