Supervised Pastoral Training in Hospice Chaplaincy
The Hospice Chaplaincy Program is a pastoral training in ministering to the dying and thier families. It is offered through St. Bernard's in collaboration with Visiting Nurse Service. The course integrates theory and practical experience thorugh lectures, case presentations, verbatims, shadowing and visiting. Course completion fulfills St. Bernard's Pastoral Formation requirement for MAPS and MDIV students.
- Sufficient theological and ministerial background to do hospice chaplaincy
- Completion of a screening interview prior to August 1, 2014 with Dr. Karaban (585)271-3657 x 280.
- Submission of an application to Dr. Karaban. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completion of a face-to-face interview with Dr. Karaban and at least two VNS chaplains.
- Mondays September 15 and 22nd at Visiting Nurse Service 2180 Empire Blvd. in Webster from 9-Noon.
- Mondays September 29-April 20 at St. Bernard's, 120 French Rd. in Rochester from 9-Noon
- $1,722 for Graduate credit
- $600 for Continuing Education credit
- Dr. Roslyn Karaban email@example.com, (585) 271-3657 x 280
- Chaplain Rober Cosaro firstname.lastname@example.org, (585) 787-2233
- Chaplain Suzanne Shady email@example.com, (585) 787-2233
- Chaplain Levi Gangi firstname.lastname@example.org, (585)787-2233
- Lisa Nichols, Volunteer Coordinator email@example.com, (585)787-2233 x 2847
- Comfort Care Homes
- Nursing Homes