In order to matriculate in any of St. Bernard’s master-level programs, our Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Studies, or Certification Program, a student must complete the matriculation process. The MDiv and MA degree programs are open to students who have completed a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5.
St. Bernard’s accepts applications for matriculation at any time during the year and new students can begin a degree program at the beginning of any of our three semesters. Please refer to our Calendar for important deadlines and start dates.
Graduate Studies Application Checklist:
- Completed and signed Online Application Form or Print Application Form [PDF].
- Non-refundable application Fee of $75.00
- Personal Statement (see application for direction)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Official Transcripts of all post-secondary school academic work
- Criminal Background Check Form
- Medical Information:
- Meningitis Vaccination Response Form completed and signed
- Proof of immunization against Measles, Rubella, and Mumps (needed if born after January 1, 1957)
*All transcripts and letters of recommendation must be sent directly to St. Bernard’s School of Theology and Ministry by the originating institution and those writing on the applicant’s behalf.
*This application checklist is for those interested in matriculating into our Master of Arts in Pastoral Studies, Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Master of Divinity, and Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Studies programs.
Certification Program Application Checklist:
- Completed and signed Print Application Form.
- Non-refundable application Fee of $20.00
- One letter of recommendation (Required for Catechetical Leadership & Parish Business Management Only)
*This application checklist is for those interested in matriculating into our Certification Program for Basic Theological Study, Parish Business Management, and Catechetical Leadership.